We are so fortunate to live and work in our pituresque town in North Devon. Our Daisy Park HQ is set on the fringe of Exmoor, where the rolling moors with sparkling streams are in the door-step, but so are an array of beautiful beaches.
We wanted to give a bit of insight as to why North Devon should be on your summer bucket list, as we're willing to share some of our best sandy secrets with you.
10) Woolacombe - A long-standing favourite with tourists and us Devon folk. Why not take a trip down to Woolacombe and hire out one of the colourful beach huts, take down a picnic and enjoy all 3 long miles of sea, sun and sand.
*Image from Visit Devon*
9) Woody Bay - This hidden gem is set just 3 miles out of Lynton, and if you can get down there for the whole day, you could be lucky enough to spot dolphins. The walk is worth the stunning setting of Woody Bay, and is a true well-kept secret in North Devon.
* Image by Hattie Harley*
8) Broadsands - Located near Combe Martin, Broadsands is the perfect private beach with minimal tourists, despite being one of the top 10 wild swimming beaches in the UK. With water as clear as this, why go abroad when you can have a staycation just as stunning?
*image from The Family Freestylers*
7) Valley of the Rocks - Arguably one of the most stunning features on Exmoor, this patch of the South West Coast path. It's the perfect choice for a summer hike, an alternative spot if you're not feeling the beach that day.
*Image from TripAdvisor*
6) Westward Ho! - Our favourite pebbled beach, and perfect for seaside entertainment, if you're a surfer you absolutely must visit Westward Ho! Dappled with nearby restaurants (Including Em's fave: Morans), it's a one stop shop with South Molton just 30 mins away.
*image from Beachside Holiday Park*
5) Barricane Beach - if you're a fan of small beaches, Barricane is worth putting on your summer bucket list. Nestled in Woolacombe, North Devon; you can spend the day discovering the exotic shells and cowries, dipping your toes in the water and exploring the nearby towns.
*Image from Blue Chip Holidays*
4) Putsborough Beach - Choosing our top favourites is getting tricky now! Putsborough an award-winning, dog-friendly beach which can be found in Georgeham.
*Image from HolidayCottages.co.uk*
3) Lynmouth Beach - We've put Lynmouth in our final 3 due to the gorgeous attractions around it. Visit Lynmouth for a cream tea at the pavilion, followed by a nosey around the stalls and independent shops, finished with fish and chips and an ice-cream on the beach at sunset.
*image from the best of Exmoor*
2) Croyde - Our second favourite beach spot goes to Croyde. Just 40 minutes from Daisy Park, this surfer HQ, family-friendly and festival featured beach has to be high up in anyones rankings. People from far and wide visit Croyde, spending a long, sunny day on the beach followed by dinner at the Thatch.
*image from visit Devon*
1) Saunton Sands - Here it is, our NUMBER 1 choice of the best beach in Devon. Saunton is all our favourite at Daisy Park, with the long stretch of unspoilt beaches, amazing surf and glorious cafes dotted about Braunton; we go there as much as possible. In fact; here's Hattie's Dopper bottle there just a few days ago.